Sunday, August 30, 2015

Supermarket Flowers and Dull Stares




 I found this safari-esque dress at a thriftstore and my grandma tailored it for me as the back had a bit of a gape to it. I loved how the rust-red notes of the scarf collided with the vivid blue of my sweater, while being balanced by the rest of the outfit's neutrality. As for my facial stare, my features prefer to arrange themselves as they please. Nobody has the energy to smile all the time. I find it strange and a little annoying when people try to make other people change their expression for no apparent reason.

 I like my natural glare. It keeps people away when I am out of energy and can't be bothered to pretend to be social. I still get approached by friendlies at college, but I like to think looking naturally stern helps. It's not that I hate people in general. Some days though, I need to stay lost inside my head without being drained by the extra outward effort it takes to be social. I'm a strange little hermit, I admit it.

Also, I've realized a terrible fact: some days I just can't cull photos. I've been trying to cut down on my excess and for awhile I felt like I was doing well. But here I am, overphoto-ing. I'll get there. Eventually. One day. Probably. 







Was I matching the walls on purpose? Who knows?



Dress, scarf, belt - thrifted
Sweater - Target
Earrings -World Market
Sandals - DSW





 Here I am promoting my favorite soda. Seriously guys, try Cheerwine. It's the BEST. 

Enthusiasm, thy name is mine.



<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment