Saturday, August 15, 2015

Empty Spaces and 90's Romper Dreamboats





Sunsets are for the wild-hearted and 90's rompers are for the thriftstore college kids. Or at least I think that should be a saying. It's funny how much thrifting has become mainstream. My family has always gone to thriftstores as long as I can remember. All five of my siblings and I with our chubby hands and round faces piling out of the van with my mom into the store and walking out with large plastic bags full of used clothing. My mom even brought my grandma around, who used to think it was the grossest thing ever, but now proudly shows off her new finds. 

I admit it: Hi, I'm --- and I'm a thrifstore junkie. I probably get 95% of all my clothes from thriftstores. Not only is it economical but it is simply FUN. Especially when you find dresses-that-aren't-dresses-but-are-actually-rompers. And I think it's from the 90's. It has that feel to it and one of those old tags. I actually was a bit sad when thrifting became a big deal, because I was afraid swarms of people were going to rush my favorite hunting grounds and stampede everything in sight (lol). And sure, stores got a little busier, but I usually see people picking and buying the same modern clothing, just now at a discounted price, while all the cool weird clothes are free for me to pounce on. Part of that is probably just an effect of the area I live around. Like I've mentioned before, people are not very sartorially adventurous here. Not that I'm complaining in this instance. 90's rompers for days! 






Is it a skirt? Is it shorts? IT'S A CLOTHING MAGIC TRICK I DON'T EVEN KNOW



Romper - thrifted
Shoes - DSW
Headband - World Market
Earrings - gift


I tried to go with a silvery-blue palette with the headband, makeup, and earrings.  



<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment