Wednesday, August 5, 2015

That 70's Look



It's funny, I wear pants and shorts all the time, but most of my posts so far have only shown me in dresses or skirts. Perhaps it's because I usually consider those work or casual clothes, and not belonging to a proper "outfit" where I try to build something, and then think it worth recording and creating a post about. Anyways, just for the record, I really do wear them all the time.

After I threw on this drifty, ornately-designed overshirt that reminds me of  Persian rug (my friend bought it for me for a dollar at a used-clothes-sale at school), my mom told me I looked like the 70's. I suppose there are worse things to be called, and if it evokes a nostalgic twinge, I certainly wore nothing to hold back from that.





I've been very attracted to large pendants on necklaces at a certain length recently. This one is almost too long, but the low neckline of the shirt compensates for its weight. Otherwise, I'd think it too visually heavy for this outfit. I've had the blue camisole forever and love it to death. The trick is finding what works with it. 










Camisole, pants, belt, necklace - thriftstore
Overshirt - clothes sale
Sandals - DSW
Earrings - state fair booth
Lion ring - friend





<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment