Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sky Ribs




I set off  to explore this abandoned patch of skeletal buildings I could see from the freeway. I've been eyeing it for awhile and finally took the time to go check it out. It had open access and no signs were around, but all the while I kept a sharp lookout as my heart pounded faster in my chest. I love abandoned places and always try to find all the little nooks and crannies in towns and cities; there are a lot more than people realize, you just have look. I do try to be very careful though, especially if I am by myself, and I never go to an area that seems unsafe. Still, the thrumming hum of the unknown and the undercurrent of slight danger does give it its edge.

More than just the thrill of exploring, this place was a photographer's eye candy. It had all these wonderfully sharp edges that whistled softly in the wind while vines creeped lazily underfoot. The tall beams and gaping boards reminded me of a skeleton; a cracked and hollowed form with angles jutting and soaring overhead. It was so peaceful and eerily beautiful. My camera practically took pictures on its own, that's how much it soaked up the place.

There was a sense of belonging there, a sense of mystery, of danger. Of beauty in all its forms. I love finding rare places like these and experiencing them to the fullest. 













I wanted to stay a long time there; and indeed, it did feel like time slowed down and stretched out comforting hands to extend my stay, but it must not have been very long. Just enough time for me to take pictures and experiment with angles, but never enough to relax.



First time wearing these sandals! And so comfortable!


Shirt - gift
Shorts, belt - thrifted
Sandals - DSW
Earrings - unknown



<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment