Saturday, September 19, 2015

Summertime Gladness


Summer is supposed to be fading and Autumn is in the early morning air. There was a few days of blessed relief from the strange heat wave overtaking the September days, but now it's back in full force. I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts though and wear all my light summer clothing before the chill creeps in. It helps spur on my creative inventiveness apparently, because I suddenly have an excess of summer outfits I want to wear, and only so many more warm days to wear them!

I'm still loving this skirt, with it's interesting combinations of teal, magenta, cyan, tan, and black. It sounds crazy, but it works so well! The tie-on espadrilles have been really fun to style, and I love how they pair with the skirt. It's all in the color details.



Pretending not to see the camera ;)


As much as I am looking forward to Fall, I am trying to remember to enjoy what I have now; to squeeze out the best of summer and not waste one little drop. Because when the rains and endless stormy days are here, I'll be missing that sunshiney heat. I'm trying not to let the days slip by so fast and hold more in my hand, and to get more of my life accomplished. It's always a work in progress, but I am glad I am at least making the mental attempt. Part of the progress is realizing you want to get there.



Dem tree hugs doe.


Carousel nails!

Shirt, shoes, hair pins - Modcloth
Skirt - thrifted 
 



<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment