Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Belated Birthday


So this is a few months late* but this is what I wore the day of my birthday. I think it was a Sunday, so that helped with dressing up a bit more. I loved the repeating motif of the crossed black ties under the shirt collar and the tops of the shoes, so I tried to add another hint of it with a black satin ribbon in my hair. I am starting to wear these shoes down since I take them on so many adventures. It makes me so sad! If you ever find something you really, really love, try to buy a few (although if I did that, I would have to sleep outside my room for lack of space no doubt). But really, finding a perfect pair of shoes you just adore that go along with many outfits is almost impossible! It's like the mythological pair of perfect-fitting jeans. You can search for them all your life, and if you DO magically find them, you'll then proceed to wear them to pieces for years and years, and cry when they die. 

Speaking of birthdays, birthdays are funny things now. They are no longer special or really celebrated, other than the obligatory words, and they also create a lot of strange internal confusion. Am I really this (insert number) age?? Where has the time gone??? WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE SO FAR??!? It's an odd mental disharmony between how ones feels, and the actual number of years you have gone around the sun. Aren't the numbers supposed to mean anything? Can screams be heard in space? Why am I thinking about space? Oh right, I mentioned the sun. HOW old am I again?!?

At least there are pretty clothes to wear. After church, I gathered a small group of siblings and friends, and we went out to eat and ran around like little kids in a park. At least I know I'm a child at heart..
*a lot late heheh



Shirt, skirt, bag - thrifted
Shoes - DSW
Earrings - Target

Love the metallic crosshatch.




A bird kept diving into the water! It was rather exciting, but difficult to photograph. This was my best attempt. 

Crazy park times. 




<3 The Magpie

2 comments:

  1. i love all the neat black lines in this outfit(: and birthdays are weird for me, too. i'm only eighteen, and i already experience that weird sadness that comes with drifting away from childhood and youth. sigh. but i suppose adulthood can be pretty cool, too. you've just got to appreciate what you've got while you have it

    http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely. It just gets weirder the older you get. Currently, I'm suddenly surrounded by tons of friends getting married or having children, and it just feels so crazy.

      Delete