Sunday, September 20, 2015

Blue Crescent


I love wearing interesting prints on pretty dresses, and this dress was on my wishlist for a long time. When it finally went on this amazing sale, I just couldn't resist. I used to draw moon crescents on everything; my hands, my ankles, my homework, my notes, the inside covers of my books. It was like my little doodle signature, so in a way, this dress is like a grownup version of that childhood obsession. If I could throw a little more stardust and moonbeams on everything, life would be a happier place methinks.

These pictures were taken in the spring months, by looks of the lush grass and my longer layers. I am looking forward to when all the green things explode in a joyful riot, crawling in all the corners and overtaking the drab browns and grays in a celebration of color. The only downside to so much rich growth is the allergy season that follows, but on some perfect days, it's a small price to pay.





Sometimes I feel like I wandered from a fairy tale and I am drifting around this strange land until I find my way back home. Dreamy fantasy novels were my bread and butter growing up, feeding my already vivid imagination, so to see aspects of all those fantasy worlds escape into my daily life is never much of a surprise. Dressing the way I want to is just an extension of my little dream worlds in a way. I just daydream my way through life and dress the way I feel. If that makes me look like a character escaped from the confines of her book, well, I suppose there are worse things in life.







Heheh, I just liked this shot. 


Tryna' lean\\\




Being weird



Dress - Modcloth
Belt - Ross
Boots - Macy's
Earrings - Tilly's
Rings - thrifted/Old Navy



<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment