Friday, September 25, 2015

Boat Skirt



I've had this boat-scene skirt for forever, and I remember first looking at it at the thrift store and thinking it was a little different than what I usually got, but I was entranced by its "hand-drawn" quality and I'm so glad I took it home with me that long-ago day. I think next time I wear it, I want to wear a pink lipstick that matches the exact shade of the boats, but what I really love about this particular combo is the browns of the belt and boots grounding out the brighter colors of the skirt. Rich browns and grays became my surprising neutrals for a long time, and mostly still are, although I have been experimenting with more styles lately. Still an earth child at heart though, not gonna lie. This outfit is a classic me outfit, with my cosy brown sweater topping it off.






Shirt, skirt, sweater, earrings - thrifted
Boots - Macy's
Belt - Ross
Ring - museum giftshop







Can't resist my moon shots. 



<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment