Thursday, December 24, 2015

Moonshadows






It's Christmas Eve, and all I want to do is curl up and sleep. I worked at my coffee job this morning and got good tips though. People are in a giving mood this time of year, which is great, because tips = gas money and/or lunch. Us poor college kids, you kinda scrounge around. Going back to the whole Christmas thing... I still need to wrap all my gifts for my family. We just got our Christmas tree about two days ago though, so it's not like we are high maintenance. I'm not much of a sentimental person, so if I didn't have family members that loved to decorate, I doubt I'd even get a tree - or know it was Christmas for that matter. I do love giving people gifts though - gifts are my specialty. I love finding or creating something that will fit their personality and have it be something they love. The most difficult part of giving gifts, is the fact that I have to wait for THEM. I just want them to open it already! I'm so impatient, it's ridiculous.

This outfit is from earlier this last semester where I showed up for a class on the first day and never went back. When you go through enough college classes, you get a feel of the teacher, and as I'm paying for my own classes, I just knew it wasn't going to work for me. Plus, I really wanted to go take pictures before the day fell into dark. I was able to take a few on my tripod in this little cemetery. Although it is near a lot of busy roads, I feel like it's this hidden niche, and I can go there and find a quiet space for myself. I really love cemeteries, the old ones that is. The stones are always so beautiful, and the carved words are melancholy poems.

The dress and the crochet vest were bought at different thriftstores and at completely separate times, but worked together wonderfully. I love it when items in your wardrobe just fall into place like that. It's as if they were made to go together. I added the touch of coral for pop of a brighter color in a (mainly) monochromatic look.








Dress, vest, bracelet, bag - thrifted
Earrings - Target
Sandals - DSW





<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment