Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Too Much Pink





I'm not really been a pink person. I probably will never be much of a pink person. I used to actually loathe pink with quite an intense determination. But. Here I am wearing a lot more pink than I ever thought I would. I was never a pink girl growing up, although I do remember a little pink dress I loved when I was about 5 because of the way it spinned when I twirled. But as I grew older and more aggressively tomboyish, I started to look down on pink as the epitome of ultra-femininity, the antithesis of everything I stood for. And so, the bias against that frou-frou color grew, and I avoided it as much as I could. I did end up having two pale pink shirts that were gifts from my mother, and I liked the fit and lightness of them, but anything darker than a pale hue was too "girly" for my taste. It has only been in the last few years that my perception of pink and of colors in general have shifted and changed. A lot of that is due to my ventures into style and experimenting with lots of unusual clothes. I started to question my color biases and wondered why I let my dislike of a perception of meaning stop me from trying out a certain shade I'd be attracted too. And so, I started to incorporate more pinks into my wardrobe. Not all pinks are created equal, and I still have a distaste for extremely bright hot pinks, but only a few years ago, this outfit would have had far too much pink in it for me. So here's to new color adventures and cheers to all you brave souls. 







  





Dress, sweater, shoes - thrifted
Tights - Target
Earrings - World Market





<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment