Saturday, January 2, 2016

Outland





These pictures of from a trip I went on with a friend to collect pretty pictures and have an adventure of sorts. It was so beautiful there, and all the hues of blue were incredibly surreal. The trip turned into a long and hot dusty walk.. but the scenery and company made up for it. I wish my life was made up of more of this - exploring interesting places and experiencing beauty. I do what I can, but I definitely hope this year that I will push myself to go do more. Looking back upon these pics makes me want to sink into blue skies and surround myself with the wild wind that only flies over open plains and water. It's the kind of place that makes you itch to spread wings and fly.

This outfit was pretty simple; just a throw-on dress and go. I tried to spice it up with interesting jewelry and cute little socks. I wasn't so sure about the dress when I originally found it, but I wanted a easy dress (for once); something to slip on and be out the door with no fuss, and this dress definitely fit the bill. I usually wear complicated and layered outfits, so something this simple was a new thing for me, but I enjoyed the concept  of it.

I've been struggling with a recent nasty shock from work; apparently my co-workers hate me and I'm not doing a good enough job at what I do. It's been sticking with me over the last week, keeping me up at night and spinning through my head throughout the day. I am trying to be pragmatic about it, and tell myself that it's an inevitable result in life; not everybody will like you, nor will you ever be perfect. The only thing I can do is just do better, and I am already trying to make attempts to do so. It's such a blow because I already try to do a good job and work really hard, to the best of my knowledge, but you know what? It's a good learning experience. Just gotta roll with the punches and all. I can usually get over things pretty quickly, but this one has been burning holes of pain inside for longer than expected... all I can do is wait it out, and in the meantime, do better. I want this year to be a year of growth and development for me, so it's as good as any a place to start.


 










Dress, shoes, backpack, necklace - thrifted
Cardigan, socks - Target
Earrings - outlet store
Lion ring - gift
Camera ring - museum gift store








<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment