Monday, January 4, 2016

Gold Eppaulettes


This is one of those perfect summer outfits; light, airy, simple and uncomplicated. I needed a light sweater in the morning, but by the time I took these pictures, I was sweating the moment I put it back on. I've mentioned before that I have a backlog of photographs that go back quite a few months, so I'm trying to pump them out to finally catch up to this modern era ;). It's only a few months back though, promise. I'm wearing my favorite top again! That thing goes with everything, I swear. Black and white plaid?gingham? is a neutral for me. I can wear it with almost everything. I wish the fabric pattern itself was more popular, so I could find more dresses and skirts with it, but for now, I'll take what I can get. I am eyeing a certain dress on Modcloth that is entirely black and white gingham, but I'm also trying to not spend any money on clothes this year! We'll see how long that lasts, haha. If only there was a good sale to sway my mind...

Aside from the fitted shirt, the skirt is a bit reminiscent of my high school days, but it's shorter and less uniformey (is that even a word?) than my real school uniforms were, so I felt okay wearing it. I added light blue accents with my earrings and statement necklace and the gold shoulder designs on the sweater, and summed it up with my sleek (and comfy!) gold sandals. I love those things. This outfit is pretty minimalist for me, and I'm proud that I was able to create something with sleeker lines. My natural inclination is towards outfits that are more elaborate, but there's only so much you want to wear in the summertime. I'm hoping to experiment more with cleaner proportions and lines while still staying true to my style. I'll be sure to let you all know of any successful enterprises.







Shirt, sweater, skirt, bag - thrifted
Earrings, necklace - gift
Sandals - DSW






<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment