Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Mustard Field





Two new years ago I went on an online sale binge, and this rose-covered skirt was one of the pieces I bought. I really like the sheer over-piece dotted with red and pink roses, and the black layer underneath gives it a bit of an edge. I think it would also be pretty in white or pink, but this was the only option. At first, I didn't wear the skirt a lot, even though I really liked it. I'm not sure why. I will either wear something to death when I first buy it, or it hangs in my closet for months, and then I will proceed to wear it to death. Notice how both options include death.. Anyways, it's one of my few skirts that isn't a thriftstore find, but it still feels really special and unique. I paired the skirt with a pink shirt, a long red coat, and a beautiful rose pin with matching earrings that I DID find at a thrift. Can't cheat on my thriftstores for long, iloveyou. It's funny, for not really liking pink, I've been incorporating it more into my wardrobe. Pink paired with that deep rich red just seemed to mesh, so I rolled with it. 

When I saw this fantastic field of mustard blooms, I freaked and went S T O P. Frolicking in flower fields is always a must. I try to always keep an eye out for little hidden fields or small niches that make for great photo backgrounds. I have a list of local places in my head, but I'm always on the lookout for more. Of course, now that this field is plowed over, it looks drab and brown, so timing is also important. 

Although this outfit may seem more girly than my usual garb, it still has that whimsical flair that makes it my own, and I couldn't pass up the chance to ground it with a brown leather belt and boots to match. (Probably faux leather, but still.) I always need my waist belts!

I'm definitely starting to experiment with clothes more, but having something this classic and pretty is always nice to have on hand. I know that in the event of a last minute party or gathering, I have something I can throw on and go. 







  





Coat, shirt, earrings, pin - thrifted
Belt - Ross
Skirt - Ruche
Shoes - Modcloth






SNEEZE!


<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment