Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tribal Multicolored



I bought this skirt on a whim (surprise, surprise). The tribal looking pattern was just so interesting; bright and colorful, but faded at the same time, and the pattern seemed to be placed directly on top of the fabric, as the skirt itself is white underneath. Speaking of the fabric, it's a stiff and heavy thing, with a bell-like shape that holds in the wind. I went for casual-fancy on this outfit, with my old gray beanie and my smart black boots toning the saturation down. I loved how the colors and patterns of the heavily-beaded necklace seemed to go with the skirt while not feeling too matchy-matchy. Also, like my model posing? I got that cool lean going on, the far away stare... All I need now is to grow like, 600 inches. Honestly though, I'm not that photogenic. I think I look totally fine in person, but often in photographs, that attractiveness gets lost and wanders into a dark alley where it gets mugged and gets amnesia. So what you see is are carefully curated photos that get cut down from the actual amount of photographs taken. Sorry, went off on a rabbit trail there, just like my good looks.

The day I wore this outfit, my two friends in my class also wore cute outfits, so we strode down all the sidewalks looking like an awesome girl gang - complete with a slo-mo, epic music shot and giant fans blowing our perfect hair back. It was great.

Looking back at this post makes me really want to wear this skirt again - I unfortunately had my camera stolen recently *cries* along with the part that attaches the camera to my tripod, so I haven't been able to capture any of my recent looks these last 2 weeks.  I assure you though, they were magnificent. I think I will definitely wear this same skirt out tomorrow for a school event. Yay for lots of colors!








Shirt, skirt - Target
Necklace - Walmart 
Boots - Modcloth
Earrings - World Market
Beanie - stolen from my dad:)


<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment