Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sunday Style: Bridal Shower Edition





This outfit did double duty for me, as both a church morning and for a bridal shower right afterwards. It's not as fancy or floral as most bridal shower outfits usually are, but I had put it together on a previous occasion and had been wanting to wear it for awhile, so I thought, "Why not?". Turns out people seemed to love it also, so I guess it definitely worked out :). I loved the clean lines and the simplicity of it. Every article of clothing went well together, and it was a very uncomplicated outfit. In fact, the most difficult part was trying to organize my insanely thick hair! My crazy hair pretty much has a mind of its own..

 
  




The skirt is pretty similar in fit to the bright floral skirt in my previous post Color Like A Sucker Punch. I actually bought the two at the same time from a thrift store, marveling that they BOTH fit my body type so well. It's so difficult to find well-fitting skirts and pants when the hips don't lie, amirite?

Speaking of fitting well, I also love my white shirt. I bought it because it's hard to find white shirts that can be tucked in and still look good, and this shirt hit both those marks. The detailed lace mesh on the back was also a nice touch. It has quickly become a wardrobe staple. Yay for good clothes finds!

I just realized I also love my dragonfly earrings. And my feather hair clip. I pretty much love this entire outfit. The love is real.





Shirt - Khols
Skirt, satchel, earrings - thrifted
Sandals - DSW
Feather hair clip - boutique
Lipstick - Iman



<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment