Saturday, January 24, 2015

Do I Really Need A Reason?

I think one of the underlying desires to create a blog was not only because I wanted a creative outlet, but I also had a craving for a certain type of blog. I feel like a lot of the popular fashion/style/creative blogs are manned (womanned?) by ladies who wear fabulous outfits with designer brands daily while decked out in perfect makeup and hair. And I love those blogs. I love reading them, and looking at their wonderful pictures, and admiring the great outfits they wear. But it also seems so... out of reach. So unattainable. Not in a bad way. But while those stunningly stylish ladies knock it out of the park every time, I realized that I personally want to read more of those blogs that belong to people closer to my level of awkward. Does that that even make sense? I just want to meet more people like me! Is that such a bad thing? I just realized I'm a selfish blogger. I'M MAKING THIS BLOG FOR MYSELF.

Ah well. You do what you can. That reminds me of some quote I read once. Let me find it.

Ahhh, here it is. "If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. " ~Toni Morrison


I'm THAT person. The Quoter. (I feel a moral compulsion to attribute the source instead of just summarizing the idea! Thanks Moral Compass.)


Skirt twirl on a stair well

 (P.S. If you're one of those fashionable, designer-wearing ladies and you're reading this, I love you, never stop being you.)

<3 The Magpie

2 comments:

  1. I totally know how you feel. I started my blog because I'd see clothes that I liked on other peoples blog's and click through their links and find it was well out of my price range

    cheap-skatefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Sometimes I feel like they "buy" their looks, which isn't a bad thing, but it starts to become almost cliche. Or something.

      Anyways, most of that stuff is waaay out of my price range too, and I actually generally prefer thrifting for my clothes because it is fun. :)

      Delete