Thursday, October 8, 2015

Red Wool, Dim Sum




I found this strange little woolen dress with this weird high collar, long sleeves, and stained lining, and of course, I couldn't resist. Weird clothes call to me, probably to the weirdness inside. Like if weird had little weird phones, and they could text each other, and be like, hey, I'm weird, pick me!! Who knows how it happens, but I do really like weird clothes. They have to speak to me though. With little dulcet voices caressing my clothing eardrums.. See, there I go again. One day I'll wake up and find out I'm crazy.

I tried to bring out the red notes in the dress by playing them up with my accessories. Hence the red boots, beads, and lips. I tried to keep them all pretty close in hue and was rather pleased that I succeeded. It's a difficult dress to wear, but I think I did a pretty good job. I have to wait for a really cool day to wear it again though, otherwise I'll roast.

These pictures were taken right outside a dim sum place, before we went in and feasted on a delicious dim sum-ey meal. I kept wanting to call people "dim son", but was able to squash that particular urge for the most part.

I also have been rather neglectful of posting, but I will try to make more of an effort. I've been busy with school and work and it can be hard to remember to check this little internet space. This is all fun and games to me, but I still find it an important creative outlet, and the slight discipline it takes to sit down and hammer something out is worth sparring with my laziness for. I do have a huge backlog of pics, and I am continually taking more, so I definitely need to get a move on! Hope you'll stick with me, more hijinks and weird clothes to come.




Dress, earrings - thrifted
Boots, necklace - gifts





<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment