Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Intergalactic


It was wild and windy yesterday evening, after I got out of the photo lab and decided to snap a few pics before I went home. This outfit is based upon my galaxy skirt that I got from Modcloth a year or so ago. It has such a cool print, that I usually wear mostly black to show off the skirt, but this time I added a light cyan coverup as a color contrast. It also matched the light blue of the stars. I love the gold detailing on the shoulders, almost like epaulets on a uniform. The necklace I'm wearing was a gift from my mother for my birthday a week ago. It's a slice of a geode with the edges dipped gold. There was actually a pair of them in the form of earrings, but it was clearly made by someone who never wore any, because they were far too heavy for earlobes - but perfect for turning into a pendant! It also matched the rest of my outfit. Sometimes items work together so perfectly, it's like they were made for each other. The lipstick is a new shade I'm currently obsessed with. It's made by the brand "Iman" which I randomly picked up in a drugstore. Such a pretty shade! I loved the effect of the metallic gold, bright cyan, and rich magenta. 


My bangs were out of control with all the crazy wind. Such is the bang life. 









Flirtatious breeze apparently ;)


Skirt - Modcloth, shirt and coverup - thrifted, boots - DSW, 
earrings - World Market, necklace - gift, socks - who knows ;)








<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment