Thursday, April 16, 2015

Blue Velvet


She wore Blue Velvet
Bluer than velvet was the night
Softer than satin was the light
From the stars



She wore blue velvet
Bluer than velvet were her eyes
Warmer than May her tender sighs
Love was our
s


Ours a love I held tightly
Feeling the rapture grow
Like a flame burning brightly
But when she left gone was the glow of






Blue Velvet
But in my heart there'll always be
Precious and warm a memory through the years
And I still can see Blue Velvet through my tears



I love the song Blue Velvet, namely the cover sung by Lana Del Rey, and thought it fitting to incorporate into this post. I went on an online shopping spree a few months back, during all the Christmas and Near Year sales, and snatched up this little blue velvet dress I had been eyeing for awhile after it suddenly went on sale. I think it would look great for the holidays, but it was perfect for a week that had been windy and cold. I paired it with black tights, black boots, and a black scarf. The bright blue eyeball earrings seemed to complete the outfit, and I love their weird quirkiness. My hair was still curled from a wedding I had attended a few days before, so I tried to showcase them with a simple black ribbon.














The clouds were incredible that day.




Dress - Modcloth, boots - DSW, earrings - flea market
tights - ?, scarf - Charmin Charlie's, coat - gift, bag - thriftstore


Video of the song inspiration


Full lyric song


<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment