Monday, March 23, 2015

Last Day Of School


The final day of last semester, I was tired and worn from staying up late multiple nights to study for finals. My face felt dry and crinkly, and the skin under my eyes folded into papery wrinkles. I threw an outfit together, one of comfort and ease. I find that I tend to not want to dress up when I'm tired. In a stab of defiance at my tiredness and of the lackluster world in general, I put on some bright lipstick in order to prove that I existed. Lipstick tends to be fussy and needs upkeep, something that is both annoying and endearing. Even if I have to check a mirror every few hours, at least it means I'm maintaining my look, no?

For all of that, I found that I quite liked how the outfit turned out and the lipstick definitely made the day better. I like how these photos captured me - tired, but loving the moment.















I find that red accessories make strong color points, and I especially love red with a deep navy blue. That blue wool sweater I found at a thrift store for probably $3, and I have been wearing it to the point where it is no longer part of my wardrobe, but rather a cool-weather necessity. It is so easy to grab and put on.



The hat makes another appearance. 




Is the tunic a dress, or is it a dress-like tunic? I thought it was a dress when I bought it, but with its extreme danger level of rising, especially in a breeze, I'm not sure I'd have the guts (or absolute cheeky shamelessness) to wear it bare-legged. Regardless, it worked perfectly with my skinny jeans and boots, and the plaid went so well with navy and red.









Sweater - thrifted, tunic - thrifted, scarf - no idea!, hat and jeans - Target, 
Boots and earrings - Modcloth



<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment