Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Hat Days


This outfit was one of the first I recorded in the hazy idea that I would one day put pictures of what I was wearing on my own blog. They were taken only a few months ago, so not that long off. The hat I am wearing is the first in a small, but swift collection of felt-like floppy hats I had so long admired from afar. I was in Target one day, blissfully wandering through the aisles (those lovely, dangerous aisles), when I saw my imagined hat actually existing in real life. It was the only one like it left, just sitting and waiting for me to pick it up. It practically yelled at me. Sometimes stuff does that. It tells you that you just simply HAVE to buy it and wear it into well-loved bits and pieces. I have since worn it many times, and imagined it a battered old relic of past and future explorations as I gleefully jam it onto my head and thought myself quite the heroine of some rag-tag adventure story. It's funny how some items of clothing do that to you; they transport you into another skin, while still remaining your own.

Hat - Target, shirt - Target, socks - Target, 
sweater - thrifted, skirt - thrifted, boots - Macys, old earrings





The fuzzy blue sweater is quite scratchy, so I don't like wearing it on its own, but is quite lovely layered over this checkered shirt that I also (coincidentally?) bought from Target. (I had a splurge day, don't we all need splurge days?) I wear this checkered shirt layered A LOT. I just love the look of it, sorry not sorry.






 The leaf matched my lipstick!



<3 The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment